The types of personal information or personal data we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your date of birth where you choose to provide it;
- your credit card details (through our payment processor);
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
- we may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
REST OF THE WORLD
UNITED STATES & CANADA
$30 standard shipping on all orders via Australia Post Pack and Track (5-10 Business Days)
$20 standard shipping on all orders via Australia Post Pack and Track (5-10 Business Days)
REST OF THE WORLD
$35 standard shipping on all orders via Australia Post Pack and Track (5-10 Business Days).
We are not responsible for another country taxes or customs charges which may be imposed when your parcel is delivered, nor any delays in transit. We will not accept parcels back for a refund where the customer has chosen to reject customs charges, as these are the responsibility of the customer.
The above timeframes are not guaranteed and delays may occur beyond our control. Lilly and M is not responsible for any delays in receiving your parcel (for example, delays caused by a country’s customs/border control department), nor for any customs or any other taxes which may be imposed by your country.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits including loyalty programmes to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have including diagnosing fraudulent activity; and
- to consider your employment application.
Legal bases for processing (for European Economic Area users)
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable European Union laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract;
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example we might ask for consent in order to provide you with our services, provide customer support and personalised features); or we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
- If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using our services.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws (and not subject to the GDPR), you acknowledge that some third parties may not be regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act and if any such third party engages in any act or practice that contravenes the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Where the disclosure of your personal information is subject to GDPR, you acknowledge that there are risks if the third party outside the EEA engages in any act or practice that would contravene the GDPR and where there is no adequacy decision in place with the country outside the EEA or appropriate safeguards in place with the third party.
Our responsibilities as a ‘controller’ under the GDPR
Controllers are defined by the GDPR as natural or legal persons, a public authority, agency or other body to which personal information or personal data has been disclosed, whether via a third party or not, and who determines the purposes and means of processing personal information. We are a controller under the GDPR as we collect, use and store your personal information to enable us to provide you with our goods and/or services.
As a controller, we have certain obligations under the GDPR when collecting, storing and using the personal information of individuals based in the EEA. If you are an individual located in the EEA, your personal data will:
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- only be collected for the specific purposes we have identified in the ‘collection and use of personal information’ clause above and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes we have identified;
- be collected in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal information is processed;
- be kept up to date, where it is possible and within our control to do so (please let us know if you would like us to correct any of your personal information);
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected;
- be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- We also apply these principles to the way we collect, store and use the personal information of our Australian customers or clients.
Specifically, we have the following measures in place, in accordance with the GDPR:
- Data protection policies: We have internal policies in place which set out where and how we collect personal information, how it is stored and where it goes after we get it, in order to protect your personal information.
- Right to ask us to erase your personal information: You may ask us to erase personal information we hold about you.
- Right to ask us to restrict data processing: You may ask us to limit the processing of your personal information where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is wrong (to give us enough time to verify if the information needs to be changed), or where processing data is unlawful and you request us to restrict the processing of personal information rather than it being erased.
- Notification of data breaches: We will comply with the GDPR in respect of any data breach.
- Your rights and controlling your personal information